Wednesday, August 7, 2013

15 Day Blogging Challenge: Day Four





Okay, I apparently can't even keep up a challenge for fifteen days. Let's not talk about how long it's been. :) July was super busy for me, and August isn't looking much better, but I am determined to make this work.

So day four of the book blogger challenge is What is the last book you flung across the room?

Admittedly, I have a lot of bad habits with books. I break spines, I dog ear, I read more than three books at a time, but rarely do I fling a book. But I have flung a couple for various reasons.


The book that stands out most in my mind is one that I read a couple of years ago.
Does the Noise in My Head Bother You by Steven Tyler earned the honor of being flung across the room in frustration and disgust.  I wanted so badly to love this book. Aerosmith is a band I grew up listening to, and one that I love so much, even to this day. I pre-ordered this book when I saw the signs in my local bookstore, and went and picked it up and cracked into it excitedly. I was let down horribly. I couldn't get into it, and felt that it was something that needed more work. Steven Tyler penned the book himself, and it shows due to the rambling, time line jumping and just lack of editing. Even through text it felt like he was pandering and putting on a show rather than writing his memoirs. I fought my way through it and in the end, I would have preferred to have not read it.

What's the last book that you've flung? Or the last one that let you down?

No comments:

Post a Comment