Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book of The Dead--review.

The Book of the Dead by Preston and Child.



Synopsis: An FBI agent, rotting away in a high-security prison for a murder he did not commit...His brilliant, psychopathic brother, about to perpetrate a horrific crime...A young woman with an extraordinary past, on the edge of a violent breakdown..An ancient Egyptian tomb with an enigmatic curse, about to be unveiled at a celebrity-studded New York gala... The Book of the Dead. Memento Mori.
Shelly's thoughts: I sat down to read this just a half hour after reading Dance of Death--and promptly finished it in one sitting. The Book of the Dead nicely wraps up the Diogenes trilogy. I really enjoy the further depth into Constance's character, and also the final explanation as to why Diogenes hates his brother so much. I can't say too much about this book without spoiling it, but this story was incredible and the characters shine so much, even without Pendergast's help/encouragement until the very end. My only complaint is the last four to five chapters seemed a bit rushed. Considering Dance of Death is about 100 pages longer, I feel that the end book of an arc should be a little longer just to smooth everything out. Overall, I enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to starting in on the next Preston & Child book.

Rating: ★★★★☆
Total length: 450

No comments:

Post a Comment