Monday, February 11, 2013

Book haul.



I keep telling myself that I won't buy anymore books until I've made a dent in my 'to read pile'. However, that rarely happens and this has accumulated over the past two weekends of errand running. I stopped by Half Price Books and picked up three books in a series I'm reading, and while at Costco I picked up three more, all of which are classic literature. I'm really looking forward to getting into them. Naturally, I ended up reading a book that I had won in a Facebook contest, and then a book that my dad had finished. Now I've started in on a book my mom borrowed from a friend.

These are the books I ended up snagging. Not too shabby of a score if I say so myself.

The Wheel of Darkness by Preston and Child.
The Cemetery Dance by Preston and Child
Fever Dream by Preston and Child
 Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
100 Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
Anna Karenina Leo Tolstoy
Night Circus Erin Morgenstern

I hadn't read the three classics in high school, and I felt that it was the right time to do so. Plus, I was completely drawn in by the covers. They're stamped leather with character names and quotes from the actual books. They are simply beautiful and will be in my collection for a long time.

What's the last book you picked up?

No comments:

Post a Comment