Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meet the nerd.

Hi! I'm Shelly and I like to read. I also like to write, and I spend a lot of time doing both. I also like to talk about the things that I've read and the things that I've written, so I decided to create a blog. I'm 28, I live in the Pacific Northwest, and currently there's too much blood in my caffeine system and I desperately need to fix that. I come from a military family, and I have a younger brother that's currently serving in the Army.

I've always loved to read. Growing up I was that kid in the corner with her nose in a book, and thankfully my parents encouraged me to read. I like many different genres and authors, though my favorite is urban fantasy/science fiction with my favorite author being Simon R. Green. (Besides of course C.S. Lewis and Tolkien, but that's something else entirely)

When it comes to reviews I will always be honest and give my opinion. There are things that I read and I love them, and then there are some books that I really didn't enjoy. I promise to be fair and honest and never give a positive review just because I received the book for free or I know the author. That's not fair to anyone involved.

Occasionally posts about my writing will show up on the blog. I do write, and I have just recently been published. It's a short piece in an anthology-- and I'm simply over the moon about it. Writing is something that I use to get rid of stress. Plus it's always fun to turn random thoughts into plot lines and go from there.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and if you do don't hesitate to subscribe/follow. I'd love to have you on board. Comments are also encouraged--talking about books is a lot of fun, and it's even more fun when people share their opinions.

If an author would like me to review their book, please send me an email or a Facebook message. I'll have the link to my Facebook below. Likewise, I'll be more than happy to share the blogs of my followers/subscribers.

Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment