Saturday, August 10, 2013

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge: Day Six.

Day six: Describe How You Shop for Books.


I'll admit it. I'm a cover person. When I'm in Barnes & Noble I tend to wander the aisles and pick up books that draw me in with the cover art. I tend to wander down the main aisle, and check out all the books on the 'buy two get one free' tables, or the 'New Arrivals' tables before making my way over to the science fiction and fantasy area of the store. I will spend hours here if left unchecked. I look at covers, then read the back blurb, and often end up with a pile of books before too long. I'll go look over at YA section on occasion, before making my way over to the manga section and ending up in the sale racks before checking out.

When shopping on Amazon or B&N online, I do it a little differently. I'll click on the "You bought this, others bought this" option and tend to go on a clicking spree and end up with tons of tabs open before reading the blurbs, and double checking on goodreads, and reading some of the reviews. I tend to buy romance and more YA books in the eformat than traditional publishing. I tend to be a little more outgoing with the epublishing and read things that I normally wouldn't go for.

Tell me about your book buying habits, and suggest a new book to me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment